Sunday, August 17, 2008

Lake Powell at last....

You would think that with growing up in Arizona and traveling to Utah through Page, we might have stopped and at least stood on the beach of Lake Powell but that never happened. Now after 28 years of my life I finally made it there.



Aaron and I spent 4 days in Powell with my friend and her husband. (yes she is my coworker too, but she is a friend and that is the most important part.) We had a great time and got quite lucky when I came to weather. We were able to sit on the beach where we camped without any neighbors and watch some amazing lightning storms followed by some beautiful rainbows.










Just sitting on the beach watching the waves, lightning, rainbows come and go....it's just so beautiful and amazing to watch the world work and SOOO RELAXING!!

We did attempt the whole water skiing things but yeah, it didn't work so well for us. We both tried and almost got up but, that is as far as it took us. To bad we are not pros like those that we were with.

That would be Steve...Pro
And that is Janet the Pro
Yep here is the amateur...closest I got to getting up.
and if you look hard through the water, you will see Aaron almost up.

I got to thinking about it and I think the last time that I tried to water ski was in 7th grade when we went to Bartlet Lake for Dusty's Birthday Party. WOW! how the years go by.


As I would wake up every morning I had the most beautiful view out our tent. I would sit there for a good hour plus and watch the sun come up over the mountains and the lake. One morning I finally convinced myself to grab the camera and take some pictures even though I knew it would wake Aaron up. (it's through the mesh so it's not the best but it's still beautiful to me)



We took a day trip and went to Rainbow Bridge. That is such a beautiful and spectacular site.


We had such a fun time and look forward to our next trip back to Lake Powell.
Thank you Janet and Steve!

No comments: